The following information will be needed to begin preparation of necessary applications and associated tariffs. All information provided by the company would be treated as proprietary and confidential by CLEC Strategies. Please be aware, however, that once an application and tariff are filed with a regulatory agency, these documents become public documents, and are generally available to the public, pursuant to each agencies' rules or state statute, unless confidential treatment or proprietary data is sought.  From time to time, additional information may be required, and will be requested, as it is needed.
- The company's legal name, address and telephone/facsimile numbers;
- Article of Incorporation;
- Date of Incorporation;
- Copies of evidence to transact business as a foreign corporation filed with the Secretary of State in each state, if applicable;
- Listing of Officers and Directors, including addresses and titles;
- Listing of owners, owners' addresses and percentage of ownership, number of stocks issued. Also please provide a list of any affiliated interests, if applicable;
- Biographical data or resumes of the company's senior managers, highlighting managerial and telecommunications experience;
- Identification of who is authorized to sign documents for the company;
- Name, address and contact of company's registered agent;
- Name, address, telephone and facsimile numbers of the individual who will act as liaison with CLEC Strategies, if different from the person named in item 9;
- Most recent summarized income statement and complete balance sheet (Past 2 years).
- Company letterhead (either electronically or 3 hard copies).
- Certificate of Foreign Authority
- Certificate of good standing for corporation
- A description of proposed services and associated recurring and non-recurring rates;
- Minimum initial billing increment and additional billing increments for each service; i.e. 18 second initial billing increment and 6 second increments thereafter for 800 service;
- Proposed service area (if not state-wide);
- A list of underlying carriers and services purchased;
- Customer service procedures for refunds, credits and time of operation including emergency or after hours procedures for processing customer service calls. Please include customer service telephone numbers;
- A description of how bills will be rendered and collection procedures, if applicable;
- Will the company provide operator services (e.g. third party billing)?
- If offering "1+" services, will the company collect advanced payments or deposits and if so, what are the deposits/advanced payments policies?
- If offering prepaid calling card services, when are subscribers reminded that the account is to be depleted?
- How are the company's services marketed (e.g. in-house sales staff, independent agents, a combination of both, network marketing, etc)?
During our 'Strategy Session' with the Client, CLEC Strategies will gather a majority of the above information. Some of this information may not be needed in your State, for certification as a CLEC or IXC.
Notes: several documents will require notarization. The company should, therefore have access to a notary public.* Some states have adopted "sunshine" laws, which prevent applicants from requesting confidential treatment of proprietary data.